Miami has seen a rise in bubble tea shops catering to its diverse population. From traditional to innovative flavors, the city offers a variety of options for boba enthusiasts.
In this article, we will explore the city’s top 10 boba tea spots. We’re not limiting ourselves to traditional bubble tea shops; we’ll also highlight cafes where you can order an exceptional boba tea.
1. Miu’s Tea
Nestled a short distance from Miami Beach, Miu’s Tea offers a genuine Taiwanese bubble tea experience. Since its establishment in 2017, Miu’s Tea has been dedicated to using tea sourced directly from Taiwan. Combined with milk or fresh fruit, this results in a distinct bubble tea flavor. For those looking to enjoy their drink in a peaceful setting, the cafe’s tea garden is an inviting spot.
Their menu encompasses a range of choices, from the signature Miu milk tea to the more nuanced iced honey tea with boba and crema. A notable feature is the ability for customers to adjust the sweetness level, accommodating individual tastes. The roasted oolong milk tea is especially noteworthy for its aromatic qualities, while the honey milk tea is appreciated for its balanced taste. For those inclined towards fruitier options, the guava and lychee green teas are available. Beyond teas, Miu’s Tea provides a selection of toppings, including the traditional boba, a unique mini boba variant, and an assortment of jellies.
The cafe’s ambiance is simple yet welcoming, with an interior that reflects a clean design. The staff at Miu’s Tea is known for being helpful, adding to the overall pleasant experience.
- Good quality teas and customer service.
- Staff is friendly, kind, and helpful.
- Reasonable prices and portions.
- Wide variety of menu options, including milk tea options, tea lattes, and hot tea selections.
- Conveniently located near popular destinations such as the beach and Espinola Way.
- Offers a range of sweetness options (0% to 100%).
- Aesthetically pleasing and clean interior.
- Offers unique and hard-to-find options like mini boba.
- Paper straws used, which some customers may dislike.
- Limited seating available.
- Parking can be challenging due to its location in a busy area.
- Boba not always available, especially in the early morning.
Location: 1520 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139
Lan Pan Asian Café in Miami offers a genuine take on East and Southeast Asian cuisine. This establishment presents a variety of dishes that echo the traditional flavors of Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam, while also introducing modern twists. Their menu covers a broad spectrum from shareable starter plates to hearty noodle and rice dishes, alongside a range of entrées and a selection of sushi and sashimi.
One of the cafe’s notable features is its bubble tea bar, which has gained recognition in Miami. Lan Pan provides a selection of boba drinks, with Taro and Honeydew being among the favored choices. For those in a hurry, there’s a dedicated window specifically for boba orders, offering convenience for busy patrons.
With Chef Johnson Teh at the helm, the café benefits from his vast experience, ensuring that each dish blends traditional foundation and contemporary nuance. Located in Dadeland Station, the venue may not immediately catch the eye, but inside, the ambiance is cozy, and the staff is welcoming, promising a relaxed dining environment.
- Wide variety of food from different Asian cultures.
- Friendly and attentive staff.
- Generous portion sizes.
- Offers healthy options, including organic vegetables.
- High-quality bubble teas with natural-tasting fruit flavors.
- Quick service, both for dine-in and takeout.
- Accessible location with ample parking.
- Renovated and cozy ambiance.
- Great value, especially with lunch specials.
- Large selection of drinks, including boba, teas, and smoothies.
- Long-standing restaurant with a history since 1999.
- Offers a rewards program.
- Comfortable, modern design, and not overly loud.
- Couldn’t find any.
Location: 8332 S. Dixie Highway, Miami, FL 33143
3. Hotline Boba
Located within an Asian mart in Miami, Hotline Boba offers a unique setting for bubble tea enthusiasts. This spot combines the familiar with the novel, featuring a range of classic boba tea options alongside some innovative flavors. Options like the Taro Milk Tea and Thai Tea with condensed milk share the menu with distinct blends like the Korean Strawberry Milk and Strawberry Matcha Milk.
Those with specific dietary needs will appreciate the availability of dairy-free milk choices, including oat and almond. The boba pearls are often consistent, offering a satisfying chew without being too firm. Meanwhile, the teas maintain a balanced sweetness, making them enjoyable without being overly sugary.
In addition to the drinks, the location itself offers a dual experience. While waiting for their order, visitors can browse the aisles of the Asian mart, adding a bit of shopping to their visit. Overall, Hotline Boba offers a laid-back atmosphere for those in Miami seeking a different kind of boba experience.
- High-quality, diverse menu with unique flavors.
- Located in a charming Asian market, allowing customers to shop while waiting.
- Offers dairy-free milk options.
- Excellent customer service.
- Boba pearls have good consistency and taste.
- Drinks are not overly sweet (unless specified).
- The establishment offers other amenities, such as a ramen bar and Saturday food pop-ups.
- Positive ambiance and clean environment.
- Convenient free parking.
- Higher price point for drinks ($8-10 per drink).
- Warm boba may cause some drinks to become less cold than preferred.
Location: 744 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33130
4. Moge Tee
Originating from mainland China in 2016, Möge Tee has expanded its reach to various parts of the world, including North America, Australia, and Southeast Asia. With its establishment in the United States in 2018, Möge Tee USA Franchise has worked to share its version of “New-Style Tea” with a wider audience, aiming to bridge cultural gaps and rejuvenate perceptions of traditional tea consumption.
At its heart, Möge Tee’s offerings revolve around their boba teas. These are freshly prepared daily, utilizing handcrafted loose-leaf tea paired with fresh fruits and dairy. Authenticity remains a clear focus, with beverages like the Purple Yam Milk Boba Tea and Oreo Milk Tea being particularly noteworthy. The cafe’s diverse tea selection, including special mentions like Da Hong Pao and Cheese Foam Mango Pomelo, provides a range of options for visitors. Those leaning towards experimenting can consider options like the watermelon cheese slush, while traditionalists might appreciate the fresh taro milk tea.
Situated in South Miami, close to Sunset Place and the University of Miami, Möge Tee offers a straightforward environment for those looking to unwind or catch up on some work. It’s a spot for those curious about traditional flavors, new combinations, or just a genuine cup of tea.
- Authentic boba recipes without using mixes.
- Ingredients are sourced from China/Japan.
- Variety in flavors and drink options, including vegan.
- Discounts available for checking in.
- Use of real fruits in drinks.
- Not overly sweet drinks.
- Authenticity and traditional drink options.
- Welcoming and cozy atmosphere.
- Competitive pricing for the location.
- Kiosk and app options for ordering.
- There have been negative interactions and attitudes from some staff.
- Some issues with store cleanliness and organization.
- Occasional unavailability of key ingredients.
- Slow service and operational inefficiencies.
- Sometimes running out of popular drink options.
- Limited or no availability of some popular flavors like Thai Tea.
- Use of paper straws (could be a pro for environmentally conscious customers).
Location: 5796 Sunset Dr, Miami, FL 33143
Teajito is a bubble tea cafe with a nod to its roots in Taichung, Taiwan. Established in 2018, the cafe emphasizes its commitment to using premium tea products. Their interpretation of “bubble” in bubble tea isn’t just about the tapioca pearls but also the tea foam that appears when the drink is shaken.
Their menu encompasses a wide range of options. Favorites among patrons include the Taro milk tea and matcha macchiato with sea salt crema. Boba choices are varied, from honey boba to crystal and popping boba. They also provide additional options like jellies and sea salt crema for those looking to customize their drinks further.
Teajito’s space is compact, with a functional decor, making it more suitable for takeout rather than a prolonged sit-down. For those in Miami seeking an authentic taste of bubble tea or simply wanting to try something new, Teajito offers a diverse selection in a convenient setting.
- Quick service.
- Delicious variety of drinks.
- Good boba consistency (not too hard or soft).
- Wide selection of flavors and boba options.
- Clean environment.
- Cute decor in the shop.
- Offers almond milk as a substitute.
- Fresh ingredients.
- Reasonable prices.
- Errors in fulfilling drink orders.
- Drinks can be excessively sweet, even when requesting less sugar.
- Lack of indoor seating.
- Difficulty in parking.
- Occasional inconsistency in drink flavors and sweetness.
- No bathroom facility for customers.
Location: 12983 Southwest 112th Street, Ste B, Miami, FL 33186
6. Imperial Tea
Imperial Tea in Coral Way offers a variety of Asian fusion dishes with an emphasis on Taiwanese bubble tea. Patrons have the option to customize their beverages, adjusting sugar and ice levels, and can choose from sugar-free and almond milk alternatives. Their menu features dishes like fried udon noodles with chicken, recognized for its soft texture and well-cooked vegetables. The boba tea selection is varied, with options such as Taro milk tea, coffee milk, and winter melon and rose milk teas being especially noteworthy. In addition to their teas, the food menu is extensive, ranging from dishes like Mapo Tofu to Korean Kalbi Beef.
The cafe has a spacious interior suitable for both individuals and larger groups. Its location in a shopping center makes it a convenient spot for those in the area. Overall, if you’re in the mood for a diverse range of Asian dishes and bubble tea options, Imperial Tea is worth checking out.
- Casual sit-down setting with efficient take-out service.
- The quality of certain dishes like fried udon noodles and General Tso’s Chicken will be appreciated by many.
- Many customers will find the boba teas to be delicious and of good quality.
- The service is excellent, with attentive and friendly staff.
- The restaurant is spacious, accommodating both small and large groups.
- Convenient location with easy parking options.
- Generous portion sizes and reasonable prices.
- Family-friendly environment.
- Occasional inconsistency in the quality of boba.
Location: 3301 Coral Way, Ste 105A, Miami, FL 33145
Daboba, located in the Kendall/South Miami area, is known for its unique take on boba teas, particularly its roasted brown sugar series. In this series, drinks are topped with a torched layer of brown sugar, adding a caramelized dimension to the flavor. This method provides a distinct taste that might interest those familiar with boba beverages. Their menu is varied, featuring classic milk, fruit, and cheese teas. One notable drink is the roasted brown sugar boba paired with cheese foam, which combines salty and sweet elements.
The café’s ambiance is modern and minimalistic, with bear-themed decorations peppered throughout. It’s a spacious venue, equipped with ample seating. For those looking to spend more time there, board games are available, fostering a casual and relaxed environment. Whether you’re in the mood for a quick refreshment or a longer stay, Daboba offers a different perspective on the boba tea experience.
- Conveniently located.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Wide variety of boba options and some other treats.
- Good ambiance with ample seating and a games/chill area.
- Unique drink features such as roasted brown sugar and cheese foam.
- Trendy and cute aesthetics, including drink packaging.
- Offers unique menu items like avocado yogurt and diverse flavors.
- Many drinks are high-quality and tasty.
- Clean and inviting space.
- Some drinks have an unpleasant crystallized crunchy sugar texture.
- Boba texture can sometimes be too soft or mushy.
- Some drinks may lack flavor or desired sweetness.
- Staff occasionally appears inexperienced or uninformed about the menu.
- Drink lids can be impractical and challenging to use.
- Certain drinks may be perceived as overpriced relative to their quality.
Location: 8711 SW 124th Ave, Miami, FL 33183
8. Tea N Bites
Tea N Bites, situated off Eighth Street, is a cafe known for its selection of boba teas and other refreshing beverages. Using fresh ingredients, the cafe crafts beverages that range from the familiar, like Thai tea, to the more unique, such as peach yakult with lychee jelly.
In addition to drinks, Tea N Bites offers food items like the matcha & red bean waffle, which is noted for its crisp exterior and soft center, and the boba waffle that introduces an unexpected chewy twist. Those keen on savoring different textures might find the boba waffle, served with Oreo and coconut sauces, intriguing.
The cafe itself has a distinct aesthetic with a pink London tea theme, making it a cozy spot for casual hangouts. The interior features include furry seat cushions and decorative elements that lend the place its unique charm. If you’re in the area and looking for a place to unwind with a drink in hand, Tea N Bites offers both familiar and novel options.
- Offers a wide variety of bubble teas and smoothies.
- Aesthetically pleasing decor.
- Drinks can be customized for sweetness.
- Attentive and quick service.
- Clean and organized store environment.
- Limited availability of certain items, like taiyaki flavors.
- Taiyaki may lack traditional chewiness.
- Occasional long wait times.
Location: 7972 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33144
Located in Coral Gables, Miami, “Say Tea & Smile” is a bubble tea shop that brings a fresh take on the traditional beverage. Prioritizing innovation, this establishment is driven by the idea that drinking tea is more than just a flavor experience—it’s a moment to cherish. Committed to quality, they regularly refresh their tea and tapioca pearls, ensuring freshness for every customer.
The menu offers a mix of classic and unique tea blends. Choices like the Matcha Black Sugar and the Taro Smoothie cater to traditional tea enthusiasts, while coffee-based options such as the Iced Caramel Macchiato present an alternative for those looking for a different kind of caffeine kick. For those with a sweet tooth, the Nutella croissant is worth a try.
The interior of Say Tea & Smile provides a calm, welcoming atmosphere. Subtle pastel shades and comfortable furnishings make it a suitable spot for a casual meet-up or a quick break. As you step in, the mild aroma of chocolate greets you, and the friendly staff are always ready to guide you through their extensive menu. All in all, Say Tea & Smile offers a well-rounded tea experience in the heart of Miami.
- Great customer service.
- Adorable, picturesque, and trendy decor.
- Wide variety of flavors and drink options.
- Consistent flavors.
- Knowledgeable staff.
- Unique and diverse menu options.
- Ambient vibe and music.
- High-quality boba.
- Offers non-tea and coffee-based drinks.
- Multiple milk choices, including non-dairy options.
- Some drinks are too sweet.
- Drinks can be pricey.
- Boba can be difficult to drink with a standard straw.
- Some inconsistencies in service quality.
Location: 86 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, FL 33134
10. Tik Tea
Tik Tea, situated near Miami-Dade College, provides a comfortable spot for those keen to explore a variety of boba teas. They offer a mix of classic flavors like taro and brown sugar alongside more unconventional ones like Oreo and cake. A distinct feature of their teas is the incorporation of real fruit purées, giving the drinks a genuine fruit taste. The taro boba milk tea and strawberry milk tea are commonly chosen options among patrons.
The cafe’s environment is contemporary, with an interior design featuring a notable mural, making it a point of interest for visitors. For those looking to pass the time, UNO cards are available. Beyond boba, Tik Tea has a selection of dishes that include ramen and poke bowls. They also have a weekday lunch special, which is a combination of ramen and boba tea, catering to those seeking a comprehensive meal option. Located in a modest mall setting, Tik Tea offers a calm atmosphere for boba enthusiasts and casual diners alike.
- Boba is of high quality and tastes great.
- Variety of boba flavors and options.
- Good atmosphere, trendy, cute, and relaxing.
- Good presentation of food and drinks.
- Offers specials and deals (like lunch specials).
- Clean environment.
- Cute and sturdy packaging.
- Proximity to Miami-Dade College.
- Reasonable and competitive prices.
- Inconsistent quality of ramen.
- Some staff members are unfriendly or unhelpful.
- Limited sizes for certain drinks.
- Some may find it a bit pricey.
Location: 10846 SW 104th St, Miami, FL 33176